If you’re looking for the best shimmer reverb pedals to add ethereal and dreamy tones to your guitar, then you found the right place!
Shimmer reverb pedals add a high-pitched octave effect to the reverb, creating a shimmering and otherworldly sound. When looking for the best shimmer reverb pedal, there are a few critical factors to consider.
Firstly, the quality of the reverb effect is crucial. A good shimmer reverb pedal should produce a clear and distinct shimmer effect without overpowering the original guitar sound.
Secondly, the pedal’s versatility is important. There are a lot more reverb pedals that offer shimmer reverb as an option as opposed to a dedicates shimmer reverb pedal. Quality and features are critical. A great shimmer reverb pedal should offer a range of controls and settings, allowing the user to tailor the effect to their liking.
Finally, the build quality and durability of the pedal are essential. A well-built pedal will last longer and provide a more reliable performance.
After researching and testing multiple shimmer reverb pedals, we have identified the top options on the market. These pedals offer exceptional sound quality, versatility, and durability. Whether you’re a professional musician or a bedroom guitarist, these pedals will take your sound to the next level.
Best Shimmer Reverb
The premium reverb pedals below have the highest quality and best sound effects. While these pedals below are going to be pricey, they will provide the absolute best sounding shimmer with more features than cheaper options.
- The Strymon BigSky Multidimensional Reverb Pedal has a lot of different reverb modes to choose from, which allows you to create a wide range of sounds.
- The pedal is very well-built and durable, which means it can withstand a lot of use without breaking down.
- The Strymon BigSky Multidimensional Reverb Pedal is very easy to use, even for beginners who are new to using reverb pedals.
- The pedal is quite expensive, which may make it less accessible for some musicians who are on a tight budget.
- The Strymon BigSky Multidimensional Reverb Pedal can be a bit overwhelming for some users, as it has a lot of different settings and modes to navigate.
- The pedal is quite large and heavy, which may make it less portable than some other reverb pedals.
- The pedal offers a wide range of reverb and delay effects, including 7 reverb types and 5 delay types.
- The universal bypass switching allows for seamless transitions between different effects.
- The tap tempo function is a convenient feature for syncing delay effects with the tempo of your music.
- The pedal may be overwhelming for beginners due to the number of features and effects.
- Some users have reported that the pedal requires a bit of tweaking to achieve the desired sound.
- The price point may be a bit high for some musicians.
- The MASH footswitch allows for expressive and dynamic control of the reverb effect.
- The shimmer effect adds a unique and ethereal quality to your sound.
- The pedal offers a wide range of reverb types, from classic spring reverb to more experimental sounds.
- The pedal can be a bit complicated to use, especially for beginners.
- The shimmer effect may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- The price point is on the higher side.
- The pedal features 8 reverb modes, including the popular shimmer effect, which can be edited and saved in 8 user presets.
- The selectable trails/true bypass switching allows for natural reverb decay when the effect is bypassed.
- The stretch control doubles the length of the reverb while adding an adjustable pitch bending effect, providing a wide range of soundscapes.
- The price point may be steep for some, but the quality and versatility of the pedal make it worth the investment.
- The pedal may take some time to explore and understand all of its features and capabilities.
- The sound may not be suitable for all genres of music, but it excels in creating ambient and atmospheric sounds.
- The shimmer effect is rich and harmonically-laden, adding a unique texture to your sound.
- The room size can be easily adjusted, allowing for a range of reverb decay lengths.
- The high cut feature softens the edges at higher shimmer settings, preventing harshness.
- The pedal may get saturated with boosts, so the buffer may need to be bypassed.
- The price point is a bit higher than some other shimmer reverb pedals on the market.
- The pedal may take some time to get used to, especially for those new to guitar pedals.
Budget Reverb Pedals with Shimmer Effect
If you are looking to save some money or don’t plan to use a shimmer reverb often, then check out the options below.
- You can effortlessly create celestial reverb sounds with this pedal.
- The intuitive 4-knob interface, including a dedicated shimmer knob, makes it easy to adjust the settings to your liking.
- The true bypass ensures the ultimate signal integrity.
- The pedal eats batteries in a few short minutes, so you may need to use a power supply instead.
- The shimmer effect may be too overpowering for some users, and it can be challenging to dial in the right amount.
- The pedal is relatively large and heavy, which may not be suitable for smaller pedalboards.
- The pedal offers three different reverb modes: Room, Spring, and Shimmer, which provide a wide range of reverb sounds.
- The Shimmer mode adds a rich overtone to the reverb sound, making it perfect for post-rock music.
- The pedal is small and easy to carry, making it a great option for gigs and performances.
- The button on the pedal can come loose sometimes, so you need to keep an eye on it.
- The pedal may produce a feedback buzz sometimes.
- The pedal may have latency issues.
- The three pairs of built-in delay and reverb effects offer a wide range of ambient sounds.
- The individual tap tempo function and freeze function allow for precise control.
- The trail on function allows for a natural fade-out of the effect.
- Sharing power supply with other pedals may cause unexpected noise.
- The stereo sound is not as wide as some other pedals.
- The included power adapter is necessary and cannot be replaced with a One-Spot.
- With three different reverb settings, including a unique “shimmer” mode, this pedal provides a range of options for creating interesting and dynamic guitar sounds.
- The solid construction and all-metal steel enclosure make this pedal durable and sturdy, while its small size and user-friendly design make it easy to take on the go.
- With high-quality components and a true bypass switch, the Vivlex LEF-3800 minimizes tone loss and helps maintain the quality of your guitar’s sound.
- Some users have reported issues with noise when using this pedal after a wah pedal, and others have noted that it can be noisy when placed after certain other effects pedals.
- While the three simulation modes provide a good range of options, some users have found that they don’t always accurately replicate the sound of an acoustic guitar.
- The Vivlex LEF-3800 requires an AC adapter for power, which is not included with the pedal.
- The pedal comes with 9 built-in digital reverb types, including SPRING, CHURCH, PLATE, EKO-VERB, SHIMMER, COMET, REWIND, FOREST, PULSE, apart from the traditional MIX, DECAY and TONE adjustment.
- It has modulation effects depth control dedicated for modulation effects. The “TRAIL” function switch is for switching on the Trail function, allowing the effects tone to fade out and sound much more natural between switching on and off.
- JOYO is over a decade of brand reputation, providing worry-free after-sale service. with the most popular budget pedals, amplifiers, wireless systems, controllers, metronomes, tuners winning the love of global guitarists and inspiring people’s music dreams.
- Before playing, please make sure the guitar is fully connected with the pedal. In order to make JOYO pedals work properly and avoiding unexpected noise, we recommend you to purchase an extra JOYO original power adapter, or choose the other reliable brands and make sure it meets the working current requirement of a single pedal.
- The pedal is made of aluminum, stainless-steel, carbon fiber, and alloy, which might not be as durable as some other high-end pedals.
- The JOYO Atmosphere R-14 is not as versatile as some other reverb pedals on the market, but it’s still a great option for those on a budget.
Caline CP-508 Wonderland Ambient Modulated Digital Reverb Guitar Effects Pedal Aluminum Alloy Casing CP508
- The MIX knob allows you to control the amount of effect blended into your clean tone.
- The DECAY knob lets you control the overall time of the reverb.
- The SHIMMER knob adds harmonic shimmering overtones to the reverb.
- The pedal requires a 9V center negative adapter, which is not included.
- The aluminum alloy casing may not be as durable as some other materials.
- The reverb may not be as versatile as some other pedals.
Conclusion: Shimmer Reverbs
As you can see there are loads of options. I prefer using a versatile reverb pedal with an option for shimmer reverb. Otherwise, you can end up with multiple reverb pedals taking space up on your pedalboard.